Flooding Strikes Three Units in Jacksonville Condo
Flooding from a toilet supply line damaged three units in a Jacksonville condo. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Jacksonville Northwest arrived on the scene quickly to extract water and began the drying process in order to minimize damages.
The first 24 hours following a water loss are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage. Here are some steps you can take while waiting for the professionals of SERVPRO of Jacksonville Northwest to arrive.
Emergency Water Damage Tips
- Shut-off the water source, if possible or contact a professional such as SERVPRO, a plumber, or maintenance personnel to stop the water source.
- Turn-off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water! This could cause electrical shock or damage to the device.
For more information on recovering from water damage, contact SERVPRO of Jacksonville Northwest at 904.256.4894.